Luke Eddy sat down with me to discuss all the new stuff announced for Star Wars Legion! We focused alot of the time on Maul and Anakin – but there is also talk of the specialists packs, and points changes and all things Legion!
In addition to learning that Maul doesn’t actually have a flaw card – (We thought he did but it was actually a printing error), we also learn some details about the Sith Probe droids – including their unit type is actually Special Forces – which may force some CIS players to make some tough choices with BX droids coming out soon.
Huge thanks to FFG and to Luke for taking the time and making this possible!
I had the good fortune to be able to sit down with Max Brooke , X-Wing Developer from Fantasy Flight Games, and discuss X-Wing’s new expansions, Wave 7, 7.1, and Wave 8! We also discussed some of the new things that were recently changed during the most recent points update, as well as some changes that are coming in the fall!
For those unable to watch at the moment, here is a brief summary –
– Overview and comments on each ship, from Wave 7 to Wave 8.
– Some clarification on Side-Sloop – Max explains the angles and that you cannot slide backward.
– Some talk about the new points update and changes to the format, including the Extended column – turns out there are no current plans to remove ships from extended.
– New Keywords! Such as Light Side and Dark Side – In the next point supdate they talk about how these will be hooks that other cards and list-building stuff will reference. They won’t have innate abilities however. Some new KeyWords are related to ship types, others are related to pilots. Some examples are “TIE”, “X-Wing”, “A-Wing”, “Droid” etc.
– New Keywords allow them to adjust certain things – like for example if Mandalorian Seas 2 shows a main character to secretly have been a Droid all along, they can go back and give him/her the “Droid” keyword retroactively. Which also strongly suggests Mandalorian content coming (Although not directly confirmed).
There is a whole lot more in the video! I encourage you to watch!
Gen Con has come and gone – and with it tons of new information! Some of it I was able to Live Stream – and other parts I’ll still be breaking down over the coming weeks and even months!. Lets talk about some highlights!
X-Wing had a few spoilers from Wave 7, but also the official reveal of Wave 7.1, which consists of 2 more expansions – the TIE/rb Brute, and the Heralds of Hope Aces pack, which contains 2 T-70 X-Wings and an RZ-2 A-Wing for the Resistance. Additionally we saw a preview of Wave 8, which is all Clone Wars oriented. Jango Fett’s Slave-1, the Tri Fighter, along with the Eta-2 and V-Wing! Plus we know there are more Aces packs planned for the future!
Legion didn’t see as much as many had hoped, but it wasn’t without news. The reveal of Anakin Skywalker and Darth Maul showcased some great sculpts and some new mechanics! And the Clone Wars factions also got their Specialists expansions previewed! This is great news for Clone Wars players! Best of all, there was a confirmation that the next 4 expansions are all Empire and Rebels!
The Clone Wars has begun! We’ve learned that the new single faction starters will be $99 but will also come with 1 medium and 2 small ships, along with everything else you need to get started included 4 squadrons. We got some previews of upgrades, ship cards, squadrons, and also the other packs. The Upgrade Card Collection will have every card in the game, re-sized, and updated – to include both points adjustments and errata. The dial expansion exists mostly because future ship expansions won’t come with command dials or speed dials anymore.
X-Men were big this year! Both in Atomic Mass Games’ Marvel Crisis protocol, and with Mutant Insurrection from FFG. Twilight Imperium 4th Edition had a new Expansion announced too!