I had the good fortune to be able to sit down with Max Brooke , X-Wing Developer from Fantasy Flight Games, and discuss X-Wing’s new expansions, Wave 7, 7.1, and Wave 8! We also discussed some of the new things that were recently changed during the most recent points update, as well as some changes that are coming in the fall!
For those unable to watch at the moment, here is a brief summary –
– Overview and comments on each ship, from Wave 7 to Wave 8.
– Some clarification on Side-Sloop – Max explains the angles and that you cannot slide backward.
– Some talk about the new points update and changes to the format, including the Extended column – turns out there are no current plans to remove ships from extended.
– New Keywords! Such as Light Side and Dark Side – In the next point supdate they talk about how these will be hooks that other cards and list-building stuff will reference. They won’t have innate abilities however. Some new KeyWords are related to ship types, others are related to pilots. Some examples are “TIE”, “X-Wing”, “A-Wing”, “Droid” etc.
– New Keywords allow them to adjust certain things – like for example if Mandalorian Seas 2 shows a main character to secretly have been a Droid all along, they can go back and give him/her the “Droid” keyword retroactively. Which also strongly suggests Mandalorian content coming (Although not directly confirmed).
There is a whole lot more in the video! I encourage you to watch!