I was so fortunate to have the opportunity to sit down with FFG’s Michael Gernes, Lead Developer for Star Wars Armada!
We talked about everything ranging from The Clone Wars, to Wave 2, to future support for Rebels and the Empire!
Some highlights from the interview include:
Pass Tokens – Pass Tokens will be assigned at the beginning of the game, are partially influenced by the composition of your fleet (Large Ships will likely give you more), and also are influenced by weather you are 1st Player or 2nd.
Faction Identities – We talked about the new faction, and Michael spoiled a new separatist card that upgrades a token’s effect to a full dial effect!
Konstantine! – Everyone’s least favorite commander, Konstantine, is getting refined to be more playable and to work with Huge Ship! Konstantine SSD here we go!
The Future! Armada will continue to support Empire and Rebel fleets – players just need to be patient!
I had the good fortune to be able to sit down with Max Brooke , X-Wing Developer from Fantasy Flight Games, and discuss X-Wing’s new expansions, Wave 7, 7.1, and Wave 8! We also discussed some of the new things that were recently changed during the most recent points update, as well as some changes that are coming in the fall!
For those unable to watch at the moment, here is a brief summary –
– Overview and comments on each ship, from Wave 7 to Wave 8.
– Some clarification on Side-Sloop – Max explains the angles and that you cannot slide backward.
– Some talk about the new points update and changes to the format, including the Extended column – turns out there are no current plans to remove ships from extended.
– New Keywords! Such as Light Side and Dark Side – In the next point supdate they talk about how these will be hooks that other cards and list-building stuff will reference. They won’t have innate abilities however. Some new KeyWords are related to ship types, others are related to pilots. Some examples are “TIE”, “X-Wing”, “A-Wing”, “Droid” etc.
– New Keywords allow them to adjust certain things – like for example if Mandalorian Seas 2 shows a main character to secretly have been a Droid all along, they can go back and give him/her the “Droid” keyword retroactively. Which also strongly suggests Mandalorian content coming (Although not directly confirmed).
There is a whole lot more in the video! I encourage you to watch!